Monday, August 17, 2026
Wedding Bells
20 years ago this past May, Julie and I got married on the farm. Yesterday, Brad's daughter Sara exchanged vows with her now-husband, Andrew, right there on the farm. A farm is not just a place you work. It's a place that allows your roots to get a firm grasp. It's a place where generations of children are raised. It's a place that witnesses your highest highs and lowest lows. A farm can become so important to you as a person that it sort of becomes part of who you are. When you feel that deep connection to a place, it's only natural to want to celebrate your most important days there. I felt that 20 years ago. Yesterday I saw in Sara's eyes that she, too, felt that same connection. We are so happy for this young couple with the world in front of them. May your farm roots always keep you grounded.