Monday, October 5, 2020

Vacation's over.

Today was our first day back from our camping vacation at the beach. Of course, the day was spent catching up. Between the preemptive work on the front end, and the catch up work on the back end... vacations can be a lot of work. None the less, It was great to unplug as much as I can and get away from the farm for a few days. Most importantly it was good to spend some uninterrupted time with the kids and Julie.

Our Spring quarantine project was a 1998 class C motorhome that Julie and I refurbished. Affectionately known as "Big Ben with a V- 10". This was our first long road trip with Big Ben, and he performed flawlessly. Wren(4) became a natural snorkeler. She watched Jersey (10) for a few minutes and then there she went. Jersey and I explored the lake in our canoe. Atticus (8) celebrated a birthday while we were gone. The family time was fantastic, and it makes me realize that they are growing up fast. Way to fast.

Now that I'm back at the farm, I'm running a little late. I was just now able to get some inventory done, and the email is about 10 hours later than normal. We have a fantastic selection of veggies that are now posted, and a robust veggie share for this week. Chicken, Lamb, Beef, and Pork are online, and the milk and egg selection looks better than in the last few weeks. I do love this job, and I love bringing y'all some of the best food in our region. But I have to say, I'm still looking foreword to the next time we roll down the road in 'ol Big Ben.