Monday, January 11, 2021

A Farmside Chat: part 1

If you happened to come by the Alpharetta/Roswell pop-up last week, you know that I was driving the van that day. Everyone is fine, Bo just needed to be off that day. So for the first time in over a year, I worked a stop. Working that stop made me realize something. I miss you folks. Now, I am happy with our drivers and I do not plan to start going back on the road as I did for 13 years. I just want to find a way to keep you informed about what's happening at the farm and be able to listen to any observations, suggestions, or questions you may have. Some of you know that I have wanted to do a video project for a while. I even did a few episodes of "On the Farm" that are still on Youtube. That was fun but not exactly what I wanted it to be. I filmed those episodes, edited them, and posted them online. There's nothing wrong with that, but there was very little interaction. I want to create something where I can give you a glimpse into what's going on at the farm, and we can discuss it. After a lot of thought, I think live video is the only way to accomplish this. I'm now planning a program called Farmside Chat. The name of course is a spin on FDR's fireside chats where he would communicate directly with the American public. We have some better technology now, so our media will be streaming live video instead of radio, and you will be able to comment in real-time, but the idea is the same. We may start by broadcasting inside our Carlton Farms Customer Group (Facebook group). If you haven't joined that group, go do so. That way you'll quickly be able to access the first Farmside Chat. I'm trying to decide which time slot would work for everyone. Please see the poll below and let me know which of these options works best for you. If you have any other ideas /suggestions that I haven't mentioned, please reply to this email with those.