Monday, August 5, 2019

A New Endeavor

When I made the decision to stop driving the delivery truck, I did so for several reasons. Some business, some personal. One of the business reasons was that I wanted to do a better job of connecting with customers. While I enjoyed delivering your orders with some personal interaction, I never really got to tell our story or answer your questions. The transactions were efficient, but short and sweet with little room for conversation. I wanted a way to bring you behind the scenes so to speak. A way to give you a glimpse of whats going on at the farm, and a place for you to ask questions.

My idea is a YouTube program called "From the Field, at Carlton Farms". The premise would be a weekly video show that gives a update of farm activities, answers questions, and gives a deep dive into one of our enterprises. It will be called "From the Field" because we will be set up remotely at the deep dive location. For instance, we may be in the pasture with the broiler chickens, or with the dairy cows, or in the apple orchard. That weeks objective will be to overview exactly how that product is produced, harvested, and brought to you.

I have invested in a little bit of equipment, but don't expect anything super fancy. I want the quality to be watchable at first, and if everyone likes it we will get better over time.

My goal is to launch the first episode next week, but again it will probably be rough. This will be a work in progress. If you have any pointers, about format, layout, or the equipment/technical stuff feel free to reach out. Also, if you have any questions that you want answered, send those over. Email is probably best right now, but later I want to have a call-in line. Let me know what you think.