Monday, November 26, 2018

Thankful

I know, it's a few days late for a Thanksgiving message. What can I say? The holiday season always gets in my feels (I think that's what the kids say) as I reflect on life and the people that surround us. Thanks to all of you that support Carlton Farms on a weekly basis, we are able to do a job that we feel like we were put on this earth to do. The hours are long and the work is often hard, but because of you it is not thankless. Seeing each of you come in or show up on the order list each week reminds me that you support what we are doing. Oftentimes I even get words of encouragement from customers, "Thank you for doing this." or "We appreciate what y'all do at Carlton Farms.". Those things keep me going and wanting to do better each year.
I want you to know that the thankfulness is a two-way street. We as a family are so thankful and humbled by the opportunity to be your farmer. This is a big job with a lot of moving parts. Keeping everything in order and productive doesn't always go perfectly. Sometimes we even run short on milk and eggs, our foundational products. But because you put your trust in us, we will work tirelessly into the future as your farmer. 
As we push through to the end of 2018, our centennial year is upon us. Yes, our farm will be turning 100 next year. We plan to celebrate all year. Several announcements are forthcoming. But I also plan to do a lot of looking back. Id like to pay tribute to those that came before us. In many ways, they had harder work and tougher challenges. I'd also like to tell the story of how you, our current customers, saved our farm and made this centennial celebration possible. Stay tuned.