Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Signs of Spring

Signs of spring have been showing up around the farm this week. When the Daffodils bloom it always seems to early, but we all know that time marches on. March is basically a week away. In addition to the Daffodils, the yellowbells and cherry trees are blooming. All of which is keeping the honeybees busy. As I write this it reminds me that I have a few things still to prune: Muscadines, blueberries, butterfly bushes, and a few trees. Surely winter can't be coming to a close, i'm not finished with all of my winter projects.  Right now we are cleaning and making some improvements to our chick brooder.  Broiler chicks will be arriving in a couple of weeks.  I had better stop typing and get busy with the last few winter projects so I can welcome Spring with open arms.