Monday, April 5, 2021

Mark-Set Get-Set Go!

We all know kids say funny stuff. Instead of "Get-ready, get-set, go" Wren has always said "Mark-set, Get-Set, Go". She says it with such confidence that she has now changed the count-down for every race that starts around here. So, when I thought about what the farm is about to look like for the next few months, I immediately went to "Mark-set, Get-Set, Go!" Around April 15 is our average last frost date. So naturally, that's when the race starts on the farm. In the next few weeks, we'll have Cool-season forage (hay) to harvest and store, Cattle are rotated often to new pastures, Vegetable plots to get tilled and planted, and Non-GMO corn to get planted for animal feed. It's a busy time, an exhausting time, and an exciting time, but it's the stuff we live for around here. I'll try to not get so busy that I forget the photos. Then I'll share all those activities here in the weeks to come. Mark-Set, Get-Set, Go!