We trust that everyone had a restful Thanksgiving holiday. We hope your turkey was cooked just right. As we get back to the normal routine there is plenty to do here on the farm. Here is a sample of what's going on:
- Planting 40 acres of spring grazing tomorrow, since there is finally some rain in the forecast. Normally this would have been done before Halloween, but the lack of rain has delayed the planting.
- Finishing cleaning up some low land that we can only get to during dry weather. We may as well take advantage of the dry situation...right?
- Taking Lambs to the processor, we only do this once per year so that makes it noteworthy.
- Planning winter projects like a barn addition and fence building.
- All that in addition to milking cows and collection eggs.